Monday, March 26, 2012

Who Built the Ark? I DID!

I am very excited to present to you my latest creation: A Noah's Ark Cake. Ta-dah! I made this cake for a friend's baby shower and was lucky enough to have her mom help me out with the baking because, as you can see, it was a lot of cake.  The cake itself is a coconut cake with a pineapple filling in the middle and coconut buttercream frosting on the outside. Very tropical and delicious.





This cake was very challenging to me. Not only was it a sculpted cake, I also had to cover a sheet cake larger than I've ever done before. I took a couple tries and the help of my husband and a friend, but we finally got it covered.  The ark was, of course, the most fun and the most challenging to make. I wanted to make sure it had a realistic look to it, so I added the wood grain texture and I cut planks instead of covering it in one solid sheet of brown fondant.

The animals were very fun, and I enjoyed picking out and bringing to life the animals I would have enjoyed seeing on the ark. It took me severals hours to create this masterpiece, and I'm sure I was just as proud as Noah was when he finished building his ark. The difference is, though, that in the end, I got to eat my ark.

No comments:

Post a Comment